Are you caring for someone who has a long term health condition? If so, please let us know.
We may be able to give you important help and advice. It will be helpful for the doctor to know that you are a carer as it may affect your own health and treatment.
This practice has a lead worker for carers. Please ask if you would like to talk to our Carers’ Lead.
When you tell us that you are caring for someone we will place your details on our Carer’s Register so that practice staff are aware you are a carer. We will not share this knowledge with anyone else unless you tell us that we can. We may be able to offer you other services to help you care for your own health.
We will try to help you if your caring responsibilities mean that you have difficulties attending appointments.
Other Ways That We May Be Able To Help
- Making sure the doctor knows that you are looking after someone
- Offering you a flu vaccination
- Helping you to arrange the most convenient appointments for you and the person you care for
- Giving you advice or information if you need it
- Telling you about Carers’ Assessment and services to make caring easier
- Helping you find out about benefits that you might be entitled to
Practical Help and Support
You and the person that you care for may be entitled to practical help and support. Contact the Social Services Department where the cared for person lives to ask for an assessment. This is a free service. A carers assessment gives advice, information & services.
If the cared for person lives in Poole, contact: 01202 633902 Social Services Help Desk
If the cared for person lives in Bournemouth, contact: 01202 454979 Care Direct
If the cared for person lives in East Dorset, contact: 01305 221016 Social Services, Dorset
Other Information, Support and Advice
- Department of Work and Pensions for benefits advice for Carers/Cared for person, contact:
Aged 60+ 0800 991234 Disability Living Allowance/Carers Allowance
Under 60 0800 055 6688 Attendance Allowance/Pension Credit/Pension Guarantee
- Healthpoint information and support, and Carers advice sessions. For a personal appointment, contact 01202 675377 or by email at Healthpoint@Poole.gov.uk
The Hadleigh Practice Carers Group
Upton and Lytchett Carers' Support Group - For further information, please contact Sharon Boyle (Prama) on 01202 207317 or 07867 354588