Your Health Visiting Team - What We Do
- First Time Mums - we visit at home to introduce ourselves and the services we can provide once your midwife has discharged you when your baby is about 10 days old.
- Other Mums - we make contact in the surgery during your midwife sessions.
The HV team offer home visits at the discretion of the HV and this is always led by you and what you, your family or baby requires. Our first visit is when baby is around 11-14 days old, then we may not visit again until 6 – 8 weeks. We offer support with the health of mum and baby, health of the family, child nutrition and advice on parenting skills etc
This is held at Hadleigh Lodge, every Wednesday. It is an opportunity for parents to drop in and discuss any issues or concerns about their children:-
|1.30pm - 3.00pm
||Consultations with HV and Nursery Nurse
Forward Steps is held at Hillbourne School, Kitchener Crescent, Poole on the 3rd Monday of the month from 10 – 11.30am.
An opportunity to ask at Health Visitor or Community Nursery Nurse questions about your child's health or development and also to join in play and singing activities with the staff from the local Children Centre.
Under 1’s Group
This is held at the Village Hall, Corfe Mullen, 1st and 3rd Monday of the month from 1.30pm - 3 pm. Parents can attend as often as they wish or just drop in when the speaker subject interests them. It provides support and health promotion/information for parents.
Sessions are held monthly for practical advice on weaning your baby and encouraging a nutritionally balanced diet. Ask the HV team for dates.
Child & Baby Resuscitation Sessions
These are held across the locality. Please ask the Health Visiting team for details.
An opportunity to meet local parents and chat about you and your baby.
Comprises two sessions, including health of mother/baby and baby massage.
The group runs every 8 -12 weeks. Ask HV team for dates - invite only (01202 604345 or 01202 694721 Ext. 4427)
Baby Massage Awareness Sessions
An opportunity to find out the basic techniques for baby massage to help you and your baby relax. Please ask your HV Team for more details.
All children are routinely seen by the HV team to monitor their health and well-being and provide parents with the opportunity to ask questions about their children. These contacts occur at:-
- 6 - 8 weeks
- 4 months
- 8 months
- 2 years
Dr Bridgman - HV team will book
HV - 20 minute booked appointment at surgery
HV - 30 minute booked appointment at surgery
Nursery Nurse - 45 minute appointment at surgery
Other Work with Under 5’s
The HV team provide support for:
- Parenting Issues such as behaviour or sleep management, diet, growth
- Relationship issues - brief encounters for early intervention and signposting to other services such as Relate.
- Mothers with Post Natal Depression/stress
- Immunisation advice
- Preparation for Parenthood
- Signposting to other services for children under 18 years of age i.e. School Health, Audiology, Speech and Language Therapy, Orthoptist, Child Psychology
- Working with local statutory and voluntary groups in the community to provide support for families
- Working alongside the other health professionals in the Practice to promote the health and well-being of families.
We can also give you information on local Parenting Groups, Breastfeeding Support Groups, Smoking Cessation support and information on your local Children’s Centre and Toy Library.